Homemade Toothpaste with Coconut Oil – Health benefits
Homemade toothpaste with coconut oil – Coconut oil is one of the most common oil and is very good for health. Coconut oil is effective tooth paste for your teeth and oral health. One of the common and effective ways of using coconut is to us it as coconut toothpaste .This is just natural homemade toothpaste with coconut oil anybody can adopt!
Is not just because is it chemical free it’s effective against cavity causing bacteria, very easy and cheap to make …
Why you should be careful with conventional toothpaste
Commercial toothpaste like Colgate has an antibacterial substances that refer to as triclosan,
It has been found out that triclosan has antibiotic resistance and endocrine disruption.
Generally, endocrine disrupting substance are a serious concern, as they can cause a wide variety of health problems such as: ovarian, prostate breast, and testicular cancer, preterm and low birth weight babies, precocious puberty in girls, and un-descended testicles in boys.
According to research in animal triclosan can cause fetal bone malformations in mice and rats, which may hint at hormonal effects.
Fluoride is another common chemical in commercial toothpaste. Fluoride is one of toxic industrial waste products that is a poison to your body even in small quantities.
According to the research using coconut oil daily for toothpaste can reduce the decay-causing Streptococcus mutans
- Many tooth paste contain dangerous chemical like sodium laureth sulfate (SLS), which make tooth paste to foam, but causing the breakdown of phospholipids on your tongue. If this process happen for a long time can eventually leads to gun damage.
- Further research was carried out at the University of Warwick, also claimed that enzyme-treated coconut oil may be a potential cure to the yeast Candida albicans, which causes severe thrush.
- According to researcher Dr. Damien Brady ;
- “Incorporating enzyme-modified coconut oil into dental hygiene products would be an attractive alternative to chemical additives, particularly as it works at relatively low concentrations. Also, with increasing antibiotic resistance, it is important that we turn our attention to new ways to combat microbial infection.”
Homemade Toothpaste with coconut oil Recipe
Here’s the all-natural tooth paste we use at home…
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons baking soda
- 15-30 drops of peppermint essential oil
How to use it;
2nd Method: Natural Homemade Toothpaste with Coconut oil recipes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoonful of baking soda
- 15-20 drops of peppermint or cinnamon essential oil
- 10 drops myrrh extract
- 2 small packets of stevia powder
Read More :Best 11 Home Remedies for Tooth Pain that Works
watch this video from Bonnie90505
Directions: Here is my favorite Homemade Toothpaste with coconut oil !
- Heat coconut oil.
- Mix in other ingredients and stir well.
- Make sure to stir many times while the mixture cools to keep the baking soda incorporated.
- Put mixture into small container or tube
- Let cool completely. Then apply it.